Labels

Monday 25 May 2015

Fifth Harmony: Next Single?

Worth It has shown tremendous success so far! After June, I'm pretty sure 5H will be dropping hints on which single will be their fourth single from the album Reflection. In this post, I'll be giving my song-to-song review of the singles of the regular album of the Reflection! (Sorry, can't do deluxe because singles usually aren't formed from the deluxe album)

1. Top Down
Top Down starts off the album in a nice pop-introduction. It's pretty catchy and the song lasts for 3 minutes and 40 seconds. The song fulfills the listener's need of listening to a mashup of different instruments, with electric guitars and saxophones blazing through the song. This song is a good-song all around, but I think it's missing a quality. I love it when they perform Top Down live and it adds some energy to the crowd. The only part I wonder is if this song is catchy enough to catch on to not just harmonizers, but everyone around the world. I think this song would be pretty boring after hearing it for a second time and I'd want to listen to some more upbeat-catchy songs like Worth It. This song is great for the album but I just don't feel it when it comes to Top Down being one of their hit singles.

Rating: 3.5/5

2. This is How We Roll
This is How We Roll, as many would think, is really a similar tune to Scream & Shout. Sure, the verses have the same beat but I think Fifth Harmony's song shows more vocal range than Britney ever showed on her single. I think This is How We Roll has that catchy anthem many people would want to jam out with their friend with at a party. I especially love Ally singing that bridge, it's always that moment in a song where artists slow down the track before a huge belt. When you think the song is enough, Camila just sucks you back in with her voice just electrifying the song and you get the chills as they finish their last chorus. I definitely see a lot of potential for this song, but its hard to tell if it will break the record that Worth It has left for the girls.

Rating: 4.5/5

3. Everlasting Love
Everlasting Love is like a pop-ballad that pleases listeners with the theme of love. There's just something to really love about this single. Lauren's Voice? The beautiful chorus? The repetition in some lines? I'm not sure but if Fifth Harmony ever wants to go from their pop anthems BO$$ and Worth it to a more settle-ballad song, Everlasting Love would be the direction to take.

Rating: 4/5

4. Like Mariah
Like Mariah is one hell of a single, I won't lie. With every girl shining in their own way in different parts of the song, its seems like management finally got the solo distribution right in the group! Its just the right amount we all need to hear from the girls individually. I think there's not as much harmonies as I like, but the Always Be My Baby sample sure does satisf us with some unified voices. I love it when they perform this song live and it gives the audience the energy they need in live concerts. When they get down and do some dance moves during Tyga's rapping, that's when the audience really goes wild! (The Video below contains a performance of Like Mariah AND a Mariah Carey Medley, so skip half of it if you just want to see Like Mariah)

Rating: 4/5

5. Them Girls Be Like

I'm not the greatest fan of this song and I'm sure some might agree. This gathers in all of the modern-day themes of a girl and is presented to us in many verses. Taking selfies, looking at yourself in the mirror and doing things on your phone, maybe many girls can relate to this? There's just something in this song that is clearly lacking for me. There is no shining moment in the girls voices and it all feels a little boring after the first half of the song. I like the bridge before the final chorus but that's about it. Nothing really special to it.

Rating: 3/5

6. Reflection

The girls slay Reflection live most of the time. When I first heard them perform the song live, they are so captivating! They got all their dance moves down and sass the heck out of the performance. The track is definitely a lot better live because the instruments seem more powerful and energetic than the song in the album. This could be a great pop anthem for people to rock out to and ironically, Reflection is the name of the album. Doesn't that show some significance for Reflection? My one problem, would be the relatability to guys. I mean, I enjoy it but will guys my age find any interest in girls empowering other girls?

Rating: 4/5

7. Suga Mama

Suga Mama is definitely a thrilling song and it is very sassy. It's got an addictive beat to listen to I have no problem with hearing it more than once. Like most of their songs, it is very catchy to listen to. I don't see it being a single though. I believe that it's more like a song that stuns the audience during concerts, I'm not sure if I'd listen to it on the radio.

Rating: 3.5/5

8. We Know
We Know was one of the songs performed right after the release of BO$$. I remember how ecstatic I was to listen to We Know the first time and I think the girls really dig into their vocals and show off a great sound. When I hear it live and acoustic in interviews, I'm just very mesmerized. Their harmonies are spot on with each other and I think people will grow to love this song. The one problem I have with this song is the kind of ballad-mood that just doesn't get me going. If we want to continue the streak of rocking-upbeat pop singles, I wouldn't recommend this as a single.

Rating: 4/5
I think it's safe to say that it'll be between Like Mariah and This is How We Roll. They're both great pop songs, but they have completely different sounds. What do you think should be their next single?
Until next time, see you later and I hope you enjoyed this post!

1 comments:

Powered By Blogger