Labels

Saturday 13 June 2015

Fifth Harmony: Unplugged

Hey everyone! So recently, on Worth It Update #3, I showed a video from the 4Music YouTube Channel of Fifth Harmony's acoustic performance of Worth It. And they slay me every time when they showcase their vocals in acoustics. I love how they change things up in acoustic versions and make it more original than it already is. All 5 of them have qualities in their voices that shine through differently but putting all those unique voices together, it's really just magic before our eyes. So in this post today, I'm going to be talking about each acoustic performance I truly love of their singles and why I love them. (Please keep in mind that I do not own any of these pictures and that my choice of the acoustic performances are what I feel/know is the best acoustic performance in my opinion. Feel free to tell me any other acoustic performances that are to die for and I'll put in on here :) )


Miss Movin' On
The ultimate Fifth Harmony song, every harmonizer loves the good ol' Fetus Harmony days with their debut single. When all of us fetus harmonizers were just balling our eyes listening to their first single ever, jeez I will never forget the day that started their career. Miss Movin' On is definitely the ultimate throwback right now and with this cheesy movin' on-heart break video, it shows how much Fifth Harmony has grown. Check out the original music video if you haven't already!



Now for the acoustic version, I believe this single does give the girls a chance to show off some good vocals. With Ally getting a chance to sing by taking Lauren's second solo, Normani putting in some talent here and there, Dinah killing it as always, Camila shining with her original-raw voice and Lauren also giving us that power we need, this song has it all and the acoustic version just gives us beautiful energy. My favourite acoustic performance of this single was during their On Air with Ryan Seacrest session. The harmonies were very beautiful and the harmonies at the end just makes me feel like I'm in heaven. Those harmonies were in-sync and spot on, I just can't express myself on how beautiful this performance was.



BO$$ (Boss)
BO$$ is full of sass and girl-power that they give off so much energy, either plugged or un-plugged performances. Their music video did get a lot of people's attention and BO$$ would probably be known as the girls' first attempt to finally breakthrough into the music industry. Becoming their first Top 50 hit on the Billboard Hot 100 and surpassing Miss Movin' On by 33 spots into #43, the song is just really catchy to listen to. This song is also the most viewed YouTube music video out of all their singles, with over 60 million views and counting. Check out their music video here!


For their acoustic performance, I find myself loving their performance from Shazam. Camila and Normani kill it with the catchy chorus, singing together and fulfilling my ears with joy. They really do sound good together and I just love their little duets. Ally and Lauren sound good together as well in the bridge and I wished Dinah got to sing a part, it would've made my day if I got to hear her sing in BO$$. Check out their acoustic performance here!

 
 
Sledgehammer
In Sledgehammer, it's similar to Miss Movin' On (and no, it does not share any resemblance to Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball for god's sake....., but it makes sense if Sledgehammer was the prologue before Wrecking Ball haha). Talking about love once again and showcasing their awe-inspiring vocals, this single surpasses their last single BO$$'s success by 3 spots to become their first Top 40 hit at #40. (On a side note, if you haven't seen their live performance of Sledgehammer at the MTV EMAs, it's a must see! Even though it's not acoustic, I just can't get over how amazing that performance was....) Anyways, I am still upset Dinah didn't get a part in the single ONCE AGAIN, but she did take Lauren's place in the single on the Honda Stage at the iHeart Radio Theatre. Camila does take up most of the single and she powers through almost the entire song, but it still sounds good regardless. If you haven't seen the music video or heart the song yet, check it out here!


For acoustic versions, there many different performances they've done where Camila changes up the start of the song and it is so beautiful. That's one reason why Camila sings the majority of songs, because she has such a beautiful voice and it's so versatile, if you know what I mean. The way she changes up some of her solos are just so magnificent! Also, don't forget about Normani! She is definitely improving her voice and the little beautiful runs, like wow! Good job on her :) For the acoustic performance choice, I'm choosing to do another Shazam Top 20 performance once again. Check it out right here if you haven't seen it!


Worth It
Their latest and most successful single to date, Worth It is the girls' breakthrough in the music industry. Being the first Top 20 and claiming #17 on the Billboard Hot 100, it's so catchy that there's a reason why it has received success. I'll do less talking on this single because I've talked about it a whole lot on my other posts and I know you guys already understand my point with this song. Check out the music video and the song if you haven't already!


For the acoustic performance, and like I've said above, I'm in love with their acoustic performance on the 4Music channel. It is so beautiful and I love their little additions of harmonies. Despite a random voice at 1:20, when Camila says 'It's all on you' and apparently one of the girls said the same words but none of them opened their mouths......, I just love it. We'll keep it at that ;)


For this post, I said I would only do the singles they had released because I'm on a little time crunch here so sorry if this post seemed a little rushed but I hoped you enjoyed reading and watching the performances! If you want more, check out acoustic performances of Me & My Girls, Reflection and We Know below! Please make sure to check back to my blog now and then! Thanks!

Acoustic Me & My Girls (On Air with Ryan Seacrest)
 
Acoustic Reflection (HollywireTV)
 
Acoustic We Know (Idolator)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger